The World Fantasy Convention announced the 2018 World Fantasy Award nominations and honorees, including Lifetime Achievement Awards for Charles de Lint and Elizabeth Wollheim.
The awards will be presented during the convention scheduled from Nov. 1-4 in Baltimore, Maryland.
The convention selected 41 nominees in eight categories, including six authors in the Novel category.
The nominees for Novel (author, title, publisher) are:
- S. A. Chakraborty, The City of Brass (Harper Voyager)
- John Crowley, Ka: Dar Oakley in the Ruin of Ymr (Saga Press)
- Theodora Goss, The Strange Case of the Alchemist’s Daughter (Saga Press)
- Daryl Gregory, Spoonbenders (Bond Street Books CA/Knopf US/riverrun UK)
- Victor LaValle, The Changeling (Spiegel & Grau/Canongate Press UK)
- Fonda Lee, Jade City (Orbit)
Check out the nominees for the other categories on the World Fantasy Convention website here.
The 2018 World Fantasy Award nominees were selected by members of the current convention, the previous two conventions, and by a panel of judges. The judges are David Anthony Durham, Christopher Golden, Juliet E. McKenna, Charles Vess, and Kaaron Warren.
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦