The Locus Science Fiction Foundation, which publishes Locus Magazine, announced the top ten finalists in the sixteen categories of the 2019 Locus Awards, according to a May 7th press release on locusmag.com.
Three works of fiction by authors nominated for the upcoming Bram Stoker Awards are also among the top ten Locus Awards finalists for Horror Novel.
The Hunger by Alma Katsu and The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay are nominated for Bram Stoker Awards for Superior Achievement in a Novel.
Coyote Songs by Gabino Iglesias is nominated for a Bram Stoker Award for Superior Achievement in a Fiction Collection.
Winners will be announced during the Locus Awards in Seattle, Washington, from June 28-30.
The top ten finalists in the Horror Novel category (title, author, publisher) are:
- In the Night Wood, Dale Bailey (John Joseph Adams)
- Unlanguage, Michael Cisco (Eraserhead)
- We Sold Our Souls, Grady Hendrix (Quirk)
- Coyote Songs, Gabino Iglesias (Broken River)
- The Hunger, Alma Katsu (Putnam; Bantam Press UK)
- The Outsider, Stephen King (Scribner; Hodder & Stoughton)
- The Listener, Robert McCammon (Cemetery Dance)
- Cross Her Heart, Sarah Pinborough (HarperCollins UK/Morrow)
- The Cabin at the End of the World, Paul Tremblay (Morrow; Titan UK)
- Tide of Stone, Kaaron Warren (Omnium Gatherum)
The top ten finalists in the Fantasy Novel category:
- Lies Sleeping, Ben Aaronovitch (DAW; Gollancz)
- Foundryside, Robert Jackson Bennett (Crown; Jo Fletcher)
- The Monster Baru Cormorant, Seth Dickinson (Tor)
- Deep Roots, Ruthanna Emrys (Tor.com Publishing)
- Ahab’s Return, Jeffrey Ford (Morrow)
- European Travel for the Monstrous Gentlewoman, Theodora Goss (Saga)
- The Mere Wife, Maria Dahvana Headley (MCD)
- The Wonder Engine, T. Kingfisher (Argyll Productions)
- Spinning Silver, Naomi Novik (Del Rey; Macmillan)
- Creatures of Want and Ruin, Molly Tanzer (John Joseph Adams)
Click here to read the Locus Awards press release with the complete list of top ten finalists in all sixteen categories.
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦